I'm considering moving, and would like some input. From an academic standpoint, what's the best high school in the area? Why do you think so? Thanks.
I'm considering moving, and would like some input. From an academic standpoint, what's the best high school in the area? Why do you think so? Thanks.
One's just as bad as the other, imo. You're best off to find the area that your family feels most comfortable in and provides them the best opportunity to be happy.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I agree Lung, all of the high schools you could find something wrong with or a lot of things you like, it really matters which community you want to live in a feel more comfortable, whether it be close to schools, shopping, etc. or if you like living more out in the country and not directly in town. You have a little bit of all in SWVA.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
St. Paul.
They have the best student/teacher ratio.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Student/teacher ratio doesn't mean a thing.
Agreed. If your teachers are garbage (and I'm not saying St. Paul's are) it doesn't matter if the ratio is 1:1 or 1:100.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
It's my understanding that at this particular school the teachers aren't what could be considered "garbage" though.
Until consolidation happens, if I was choosing a school to go to I'd likely pick that one.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
SP has a reputation of doing a great job w/ education not only because of their student/teacher ratio, but generally they have very good teachers as well.
Each of the 3 Scott County schools are pretty solid IMO, and if you have any faith in the SOL's it definitely back RC, TS, and GC since they annually have the best performance from Roanoke west.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[ QUOTE ]
It's my understanding that at this particular school the teachers aren't what could be considered "garbage" though.
[/ QUOTE ]
Hence my clear and obvious statement of "If your teachers are garbage (and I'm not saying St. Paul's are)".
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
St. Paul year after year embarrasses the rest of the Wise County PACE programs. That tells me something.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks